Saturday, February 21, 2015

One More Night with Verbling



Our teacher, Lisa Biskup  dedicated this class on verbling.com to listening to the song “Maroon 5 - One More Night” where was shown the problems in the relationships in the family.

Let’s look lyrics:

“You and I go hard at each other like we're going to war.
You and I go rough, we keep throwing things and slamming the door.
You and I get so damn dysfunctional, we stopped keeping score.
You and I get sick, yeah, I know that we can't do this no more.”

The male character here is fighter likewise he describes his life inside family.
The lyrics in the song contrasted with video. We can see in the video loving father who is preparing for his job.


“Yeah, but baby there you go again, there you go again, making me love you.
Yeah, I stopped using my head, using my head, let it all go.
Got you stuck on my body, on my body, like a tattoo.
And now I'm feeling stupid, feeling stupid, crawling back to you.”

She stuck on his mind (figurative- body), like a tattoo. We could interpret this line that he’d like to remove her (figurative - tattoo) but he can’t.

He is probably thinking during the boxing that he is fighting for his family. We became a winner but when he returned home he revealed that his wife left him.



The author of this video made a riddle why it happened. During the discussion in the class our attention was drawn for interesting detail. The singer cried “Yeah, baby, give me one more night” and the title of this song “One More Night”. Why night? Maybe this guy concentrated for physical side of relationships and didn’t care enough about building good relationships with his wife.

Here is the song



It is impressive to see number of views on youtube,  more than 338 millions! And more than hundred thousand comments!

Here are some of them (in quotes):

1.) “I laughed so hard at the end when she took one of the fishes.” or “NOOOO NOT THE FISH!!!! Dang this lady is, like, heartless. Taking another dude's fish just ain't right. Girls, if you are ever leaving a guy, please for the sake of his broken heart, LEAVE THE FISH.”

Yes, I agree, there is some exaggeration moments in the clip.

2.) “I didn’t see the point in her leaving, she had a nice home, child, good bf and everything, I bon’t understand”
Reply:   “She wanted more. If you notice the fairy tale book, she wanted a Prince Charming. She didn't think he was good enough for her or their child, so she left.”

The first impression might be that he was guilty in ruining their family life, but usually there are two guilty parties.

3.) “Sure, who cares about everything you have to do in a official divorce? Just leave and take everything you like and think belongs to you, even the fish!”

Sometime through cynical statement people better perceive the truth.

After one comment “it is amazing and i hate maroon 5” I would add:
excellent discussion and memorable class!

Anatoly

No comments:

Post a Comment