Friday, February 13, 2015

English Class: Top 10 Animated Films with Michelle on linguistiko.com (February 9, 2015)


During the class we were counting down our picks for the top 10 animated films.


As a warm up activity I told Michelle about my experience of watching animated films. Thanks youtube I could show to Michelle a few animated movies which I really like:


1.)
This Russian Winnie-the-Pooh is much more favorable for me than American one.


These two characters became heroes of folklore and funny stories. For instance this one:
“In fact, Winnie the Pooh does not want to marry, but the thought of the upcoming honeymoon drove him mad …”
The subject for laughing here is wordplay, because Winnie liked honey very much.

2.) I compared the serie of Russian animated film Nu, pogodi! (Well, Just You Wait!) with Tom and Jerry. Two main characters there are fighting constantly.
Do they provide violence? I think, no. Are they only for children? Not at all.


When Michelle asked me about animated films which I watched last time I was able remember only Disney/Pixar's Up - Official Trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORFWdXl_zJ4

Michell suggested to watch and discuss this list from Youtube:
Top 10 Animated Movies: All Time
10. Snow White (1937)
9. Bambi
8. Finding Nemo (2003)
7. My neighbor Totoro (1988)
6. Aladdin
5. The Lion King (1994)
4. The Little Mermaid (1989)
3. Cinderella (1950)
2. Pinocchio (1940)
Honorable Mentions: Spirited Away (2001), Wall-E (2008), How to train your Dragon (2010) Up (2009), The Great Mouse Detective (1986),
1. Toy Story


We talked about an aesthetics of the genre (aesthetics = having to do with beauty, style, the way things look).


I remember the animated film which I most recently watched and really liked. It is Shrek. The reason why I liked this movie is that producers described there not only extremely positive or negative features of characters but they gave them some  character flaws.


Michelle told that her favorite animated film is Spirited Away.


Last part of the class was reading the article “Are Hollywood studios cranking out too many animated films?”
The new vocabulary for me was this one:




This article demonstrates the question which we discussed in the beginning of the class, what is the audience of animated films, how serious they.


As a result this class revived in my memory some pleasant moments in my past and it inspired me re watch at least Shrek again.

Anatoly

No comments:

Post a Comment