Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Mother Road

I’d like to tell about the beautiful Sim J Peace island or The Mother Road. This road is known in the USA as Route 66. It is the largest road in America that runs from Chicago (State Illinois) to Los Angeles (California)

It must have been a good idea to ride across America trough this way. If we have a time for it we will move to virtual world (I mean Second Life) and do our trip. I’d rather to do the trip in the real life but hardly ever it is possible now. If I have lived in Washington I would have flied on the plane to Chicago to point of beginning the Mother Road. It is not possible for me. If I were Tony I could ask my boss to give me time for business trip. Supposing I’d improve him that this trip might be good advertisement for our company.


It’s time knew the facts.

The name ”The Mother Road” was given John Ernst Steinbeck in his novel. This name was used by Sim’s creators.

This Sim is like America’s mirror real-world road with gas stations, diners, corn fields.

Let’s start the lesson (for practice English).



The point for start this trip - Gate. In this way it should be called Checkpoint

before we began the lesson, we had to agree with this rules and accepted obligations.

After this Checkpoint was opened we would have stepped to legendary road. It was exiting.


Tony asked me “What am I doing?”

I am standing on the road. When you drive in America, use the right side of the road.

If plot for this Sim was made in England it would be left-side road.

Bur we are in North America now and let’s look around.

Tony described me place:

A weed is a grass or small plant that you do not want. If you have grass or a small plant that you do not want, call it a weed.

May be in real life we don’t like weed but here … It looks beautiful! I liked this Sim since “my first look”. We must see all this sight sings.

This place is deserting, this district is poor enough. (pure means without contamination)

Probably it is usual landscape for West America because Tony said “If you want to make a realistic sim, be sure to buy rusty water tanks”.

I am in the rusty locomotive (or barge ?)


This is a "canal lock"
When a motor burns oil, the exhaust is black.
When a motor has water in the fuel, the exhaust is white.
On the first plan we can see bales of hay put in the cart.
On the second plan there is a mill grinds corn. A mill grinds corn into flour.
“We can use word sharper for preparing for example knife?” I asked Tony.
(Equipments for dinner Knife/Spoon/Fork). The second meaning this word :specia. RC and Coke taste similar, but you can taste the cola in RC more than you can in Coke. It is similarly.

We discussed about riding on the bikes.

“Don't beat a dead horse” joked Tony. Have you got bike?

Early times I had 3 bikes. My children and me would ride all day doing stop for relax, eating ice-cream. Now my children have grown up and they don't want to ride bikes.

This type of car is a van. This van must be used “Uncle Mac’s work shop” for delivering small goods.

This is a broken water fountain. It needs if we want to get water to drink.
On the back yard of the garage employers and travellers can play in the basketball or simple relax.
This type of car is a pickup truck. This one use farmers for delivery foods, home improvements etc.
This is a garbage dumpster for trash (or refuse, rubbish etc).
This is a Diner (like restaurant for average people, inexpensive enough or cheap)
We pushed glass-door and entered.
There are two glasses of water, an ashtray, a menu, salt and pepper shakers.
That thing in the middle is the napkin holder for cleaning our faces or hands
It holds napkins.

This is a jukebox.
I’m staying for the cash register
This is the pinball machine.
25 cents : a quarter
10 cents: a dime
5 cents: a nickel
1 cent: a penny
This is pay phone.
How much does it cost ?
Do you know what "inflation" is ?

gas pump


This is a trailer, a gas truck Texaco (Tex - a - co)
This gas truck has a gas trailer
We call this arrangement of a truck + trailer => an 18 wheeler
A graffiti
This is a candy machine
There will be no candy put in the machine until we get our camera working
So we can have proof who is ripping it off
When we find out who it is will call cops & prosecute them for stealing
This is a "notice", prosecute
modular containers
There is a bible on the lectern. These benches are called "pews"

This is a rail fence.This rail fence needs to be fixed.
A building for growing plants is called a greenhouse.
This greenhouse needs repairs and paint.
When I was taking photos I met a girl Brigitte Bardot. She is from Brazil and she likes to visit this place for listening music, loading to fabulous atmosphere and relaxing.
I took her model photo. Rural girl in American countryside.

Afterward I compare this magic place with place from real life.
This is generally view to Virtual The Mother Road Diner.
I found this one on the Google Map and opened photo this place using features Google Map.
We can see on this photo and compare.
I think the constructors this Sim made a good job. Thank them.
Each people can visit this place using this link: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/J%20Peace%20island/44/120/27

Anatoliy Learner (my nickname in Second Life), 3 April 2011.



No comments:

Post a Comment